Jackie wrote asking about Jonathan King, of Watford, whose 1881 will shows he owned a lot of property in Watford. It turns out that Jonathan married the niece of George Whittingstall, brewer in Watford, in 1825, and in 1826 was living in Watford Place. Watford started expanding after the railway arrived in 1837 and in 1850 the Watford Place estate was sold as building land, and Jonathan moved to Wiggenhall, another estate to the South West of St Mary's, Watford which was later extensively build on. He also has connections with the churches of of St Andrew's Watford, St Mary's Rickmansworth and the church at Oxhey.
|Wiggenhall Park crica 1850|
Note how Watford was then little more than a strip of houses on either
side of the main road out of London