Over the last few weeks I have been adding additional post cards to the web site and updating information about others.
- I have collected some more data on cards by the school photographer Percy Buchanan, including a card of Queenswood School which may well have been taken by him circa 1904 when he was working for the Photo Tourists Association.
- A Frith post card of Ickleford posted in 1939 has a number suggesting it was taken in 1902 - but the image is the same as one published circa 1906 by Blum & Degan - suggesting some business arrangement between the firms. - But what?
- I have posted an attractive view of Watford High Street, by Hartmann, published circa 1903.
- I have posted two additional "Children" cards by the Misses M & A Austin of St Albans
- I have posted a view of the North Front of High Leigh House, Hoddesdon, (no publisher identified) with an interesting frank mark advertising the use of telephones.
|High Leigh House|
- The post card of Ludgrove School, Handley Common is now known to have been in circulation in 1910 - so cannot be later.
- I have recorded that the post card of Aston village with two girls was also issued in a tinted form.
Click here to see all recent post card images.