Friday, January 24, 2014

By the Grand Union Canal At Bulbourne (near Tring)

The Former Canal Workshops at Bulbourne
Grand Junction Canal

In recent years, particularly when I still had Franci, I have been walking along the many rural footpaths near Tring taking photographs. Many of these have been (and when I have time, still are) posted on Geograph including many taken from the towpath of the Grand Union Canal

Recently someone (I am withholding the name to avoid embarrassment) found the above picture on the internet and sent me the following message:

> Re: image for SP9313 (Grand Union Canal: The Bulbourne Workshops)
> Hi, Would like to know if you have any mooring available at present. My boat is 18 meters ?
> Thanks
> Look forward to hearing from you
> regards
> XXXXX XXXXX


When I had stopped laughing all I could do was to reply as follows:

Dear XXXXX,
I am glad you found my picture interesting - but all your can assume from the picture is that on 8th March 2009 I happened to be at Bulbourne with a camera.
I am afraid my camera is much too small for you to moor your boat inside.
All the best along the canal
Chris Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the newsletter for the Genealogy in Hertfordshire Web site. Comments on this blog are moderated and may be transferred to the web site where appropriate. If you have a local or family history query you want answered you must use "Ask Chris" - See box in right hand column. Anonymous comments cannot be answered.