Friday, February 6, 2015

Rural Relaxation - Patterns in the Snow

Snow on ice at College Lake
My New Years resolution this year was that at my age the most important thing was to keep fit and relax - and my web sites have to take a back seat. While I have not posted any "Rural Relaxation" pictures for some time I have been out and about with my camera and have joined the Tring Camera Club - and will be involved in a project to record the town in 2015 - in connection with the 700th anniversary of the town's first charter. This is in part to keep me taking plenty of exercise (this week my pedometer clocked up 30,000 paces and I swam 40 lengths in the local pool), and a visit to the Asthma Clinic showed everything well under control - and my weight was down a further 4kg in the last four months. My "social secretary" says we should get out together more (my wife's disability means she cannot join me on rural walks) and this week we went to the Rex Cinema at Berkhamsted to see Testament of Youth - and are booked later in the month to see The Imitation Game.

So this week I have neglected my emails and updates to the site - and if you haven't had a reply accept my priorities - but keeping healthy comes first. I hope to catch up next week, but I also need to do some catching up on my other blog, Trapped by the Box, and prepare some black and white photographs for the next Camera Club competition ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the newsletter for the Genealogy in Hertfordshire Web site. Comments on this blog are moderated and may be transferred to the web site where appropriate. If you have a local or family history query you want answered you must use "Ask Chris" - See box in right hand column. Anonymous comments cannot be answered.