Sunday, October 20, 2013

An Outrageous Coincidence - Small details in pictures can be important.

Click for bigger image
Armed Forces
I recently purchased this post card on ebay because it was taken by a St Albans photographer who took pictures of soldiers during the First World War. The scene could be almost anywhere but might just be somewhere in St Albans. Because it was a "lost" picture with not supporting notes on the back to say who it was or where it was taken no one else wanted it - so I brought it because it was going cheap.

However I scanned it and a small detail became visible and my eyes almost popped out of my head.
Have a look at the larger image and see if you can see what made me excited. It may not make you excited - but if you compare what you see with other information on the front page of this Newsletter you will be able to understand my I was so surprised..

To find out what  I discovered about the photograph click HERE.

P.S And if you can help identify the soldier on the horse (or event his unit) let me know...

1 comment:

  1. Cannot be sure but what about the Royal Fusiliers (City of London Regiment)? They were in St Albans during WWI. Anthony

    ReplyDelete

This is the newsletter for the Genealogy in Hertfordshire Web site. Comments on this blog are moderated and may be transferred to the web site where appropriate. If you have a local or family history query you want answered you must use "Ask Chris" - See box in right hand column. Anonymous comments cannot be answered.