Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Rural Relaxation - At College Lake Again

View from the new viewing platform (formerly site of Goddard Hide)
When I need a break I often take a walk at College Lake, which is only a couple of miles from Tring. There is always something to see as the seasons change and Nature continues to reclaim this old chalk pit. And (assuming I get back to the Visitor Centre by 4 pm (3 pm in winter) I can round off the outing with a cup of coffee and a cake. However I may be cutting back on the walks (but hopefully not for long) because yesterday I strained my back. The first time was well over 30 years ago - moving furniture in my office at work prior to the office being repainted and I was laid up for three months. However I now know what to do - and have a set of exercises which usually get me fully mobile again within a week or two.  The last time was about five years ago, when we still had Franci - who wanted his daily walk - so I went to Ashridge and took a mobility scooter so I could walk him through the woods there, with Franci trotting alongside. 
Many different species of grasses could be seen - but I don't know the names of any of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the newsletter for the Genealogy in Hertfordshire Web site. Comments on this blog are moderated and may be transferred to the web site where appropriate. If you have a local or family history query you want answered you must use "Ask Chris" - See box in right hand column. Anonymous comments cannot be answered.