This is the Journal of the Hertfordshire Family History Society and has just arrived and I noted the following items - which might tempt you to become a member and get your own copy!
- To save postage there is an question about whether a pdf version of the Journal would be viable. Clearly this would be of particular interest to overseas members (and prospective members) as it would ensure quick delivery and greatly reduce postal cost.
- There is a competition (members only) for a piece "My Favourite Ancestor"
- Whats new at Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies (HALS) includes a list of interesting records that are now available in the online name search facility.
- There is a review of the book St Albans through Time
- There is an item about Aerofilms - a company whose air photographs are currently going online from 1919 to 1959 at www.britainfromabove.org.uk. Sounds very interesting and I will be reviewing the site here soon.
- There are articles on The Pattern family of Barley and the Cotton family of Hitchin
Future meetings (see Society Web Site for details):
Sept 29: Poverty & Madness from Stepney to Colney HatchOct 27: Looking for Lillian (Correcting a Family Myth)Nov 24: The Streets of LondonDec 15: Livery Companies of the City of London