Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Hertfordshire Countryside Index and sales on ebay.

I have now decided I must slim down my library and sell off unneeded and duplicate items on ebay - which I am doing under the name chris_from_hertfordshire. I have also made a rule that I should not buy any more items to use on this site until I have raised enough money to pay for them!  I had this policy some years ago, and ended up with the large library which now provides significant information for this web site. In recent years I have done very little selling and too much buying and as a result I have been heavily subsidizing this site from my pension.

In addition to selling off surplus and duplicate books I will be trying to reduce a pile of duplicate copies of Hertfordshire Countryside. To sell a copy I will need to include some details of the contents list in the advert and its seems silly to waste the effort. Some years ago I started to index early issues so that you would know about the interesting articles they contained (and as I have copies you know you can ask me about the articles). I plan to add the contents lists of items I am selling online and as a result I have now added the contents lists of Summer 1951, Autumn 1952 and Summer 1963 - and more will be appearing as sales hopefully continue.
My current items for sale

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the newsletter for the Genealogy in Hertfordshire Web site. Comments on this blog are moderated and may be transferred to the web site where appropriate. If you have a local or family history query you want answered you must use "Ask Chris" - See box in right hand column. Anonymous comments cannot be answered.