|Bayford House, Bayford, circa 1900|
Bayford House is a Grade II* listed building with a late medieval rear wing and an early 17th century front hightened to three stories in the early 19th century. This post card shows the house as it was about 1900 when it was occupied by two elderly spinsters, Georgina and Adelaide Randolph, the children of the Rev. Thomas Randolph of Much Hadham. The card was posted by Elsie Lawrence, of Chelsea, who had just started to work there as a servant at the age of about 13.
In addition high definition images of the following post card images of Bayford are now available.
|Bayford Manor House|