The December issue of Hertfordshire People (the Journal of the Herts Family History Society) contains the usual collection of interesting items and I have chosen a few to mention:
- A Life of Adversity - The Life of James Gayler looks at the short life of a Much Hadham man who appears as a 25 year old Chelsea pensioner in the 1861 census.
- There is a useful note pointing out the reasons why the Herts Family History Society's 1851 census transcription (available on CD) is more accurate than the commercial versions.
- There are articles on St Mary, Northchurch; St George, Anstey; St Mary, Meesden & St Giles, Wyddial, in each case with a picture.
- There is an article on the Arms of Aldenham School
- Future Meetings
- 28 January - Dickens' London
- 25 February - Dating Old Photographs
- 31 March - What Happened to Lucy?
- 28 April - A.G.M