Saturday, June 1, 2013

End of May 2013 Report

Despite the fact that I have spent less time on the newsletter and web site the number of newsletter page views in the month is still well above 5000 - although down a bit on March and April. The main site had the highest ever number of visitor for May at 22,625 - with the 65,059 page hits showing that the average visitor viewed about 3 pages. The total number of accessible text pages now exceeds 4,200.

In addition to the Newsletter posts there has been quite a bit of behind the scenes activity - but I am feeling lazy - and don't propose to summarise it here. 

Your views on the future of the site are still coming in and I am looking at the best way of continuing within the time I have available to devote to genealogy, and also to ensure that the reference material on the site continues to be available when I am no longer in a position to update it. I have decided to include more modern photographs from my own collection - using Geograph as the main store of the images. In addition I have streamlined my update procedures to save me time - but as a result you may occasionally find draft pages online - before I have finished tidying them up and announced their arrival in the Newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the newsletter for the Genealogy in Hertfordshire Web site. Comments on this blog are moderated and may be transferred to the web site where appropriate. If you have a local or family history query you want answered you must use "Ask Chris" - See box in right hand column. Anonymous comments cannot be answered.