Monday, April 14, 2014

Video of Napsbury Hospital (Military & Mental Health)

Military
Some years ago I provided the above picture of first world war patients in Napsbury Military Hospital for a TV program - and I am not sure I ever saw the result. John, whose parents worked at Napsbury when it had reverted to it original role as a mental hospital, has drawn my attention to the fact that rge program is now available online on the Who do you think you are pages on Youtube - for Julian Clary. Part 2 of the video relates to Julian's grandfather working with planes in the First World War, followed by information relating to his grandfather's mental illness which resulted in his being a patient between 1936 and 1938. There are pictures of the hospital when it was a military hospital, when it was a mental hospital, and of some of the buildings after it had been closed.

[I have more information to post on Napsbury Hospital during the First World War which I will post when I have time.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the newsletter for the Genealogy in Hertfordshire Web site. Comments on this blog are moderated and may be transferred to the web site where appropriate. If you have a local or family history query you want answered you must use "Ask Chris" - See box in right hand column. Anonymous comments cannot be answered.