Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Burchmore Family Graves at Flamstead

A Verse on my Gt. Gt. Gt. Gt. Grandfather's grave (1806)

Affliction sore long time I bore
Physicions were in vain
I found no ease till God did please
To ease me of my pain
I recently took a series of pictures of Flamstead, and St Leonard's Church, with the intention of posting details of the complex group of Burchmore graves on this site later this year. Shortly after I had posted some picture on this web site I had an email from a distant cousin, who lives in Australia and has carried out extensive research on the Burchmore family. As a result we have exchanged information and I have made some additions to my Ancestors pages - including showing three of the grave stones - Thomas Burchmore (1706-1787), the adjacent stone - almost certainly his son Thomas Burchmore (1729-1806) and Thomas junior's wife, Sarah Andrew (1735-1816)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the newsletter for the Genealogy in Hertfordshire Web site. Comments on this blog are moderated and may be transferred to the web site where appropriate. If you have a local or family history query you want answered you must use "Ask Chris" - See box in right hand column. Anonymous comments cannot be answered.